I'm not crazy -- YES, the Apple Polishing Cloth is worth $20.
Clean screens for Apple products are important for 2 reasons:
- You always stare at the screen of an Apple Product and dirt & dust is distracting
- Apple products are premium... you want them looking good and using inferior cloths can scratch the surface.
Ask any Apple tech how much a screen replacement costs and you'll cry on the spot, in public.
Since Tim Cook took over Apple I haven't seen cloths come with Apple products. When I bought the first generation iPhone it came with a polishing cloth (and dock, and charger). When I bought a 2010 MacBook Pro, it also came with its own polishing cloth. Those were happy days.
Well, it's 2023 and Apple accessories are mostly a la carte.
You just need to accept paying for accessories as part of the cost of the product. For instance, when I purchased the awesome Apple Studio Display, it didn't come with a polishing cloth. Given that the screen is real glass and not wanting to scratch it, I decided to get the official Apple Polishing Cloth.
Apple Polishing Cloth Rating: 9/10
PROS - Apple Polishing Cloth
- LARGE - the large size makes it quick to clean the 27 inch Studio Display and 16 inch MacBook Pro.
- Can be stored in the original packaging when not in use
CONS - Apple Polishing Cloth
- Needs frequent cleaning
- If you are picky, you should use distilled water and dish soap to clean properly (hard water can potentially cause scratches)
- Cost is a little high
Apple Polishing Cloth Video Review
Apple Polishing Cloth Detailed Images
Apple Polishing Cloth Availability and Price